Furniture/Equipment Relocation and Surplus
All furniture, goods, or other equipment must be approved for surplus by the Director of Procurement. If you have items you wish to surplus, please fill out this form:
- Inventory Control Surplus Form
- Please send to Micah Hunsucker, Director of Procurement, at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval
- Once your items have received surplus approval, please attach the form to a TMA work order requesting facilities services remove the surplus items
- Please note: No items will be picked up by facilities services without an approved surplus form
Please direct any questions regarding surplus to the Office of University Procurement at 622-2246 or email@example.com.
Commonwealth of Kentucky and EKU Surplus Policies
- Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 164A.575 (7), Surplus Authority
- Approved Methods of Disposing Surplus Property
Surplus Property Utilization by EKU Employees
EKU Facilities Management is responsible for the move of all EKU owned equipment and furniture declared as surplus. Departments are encouraged to view surplus items. There is no cost for departments to claim surplus materials or equipment, but the item(s) must be used by the department and are not permitted to leave campus, be sold, or given to individuals for personal use. University personnel are free to utilize surplus items when they are available; there is no approval needed from Procurement. If you wish to view current surplus property, contact Scott Beckler at 622-3517.
EKU Central Stores partners with GovDeals, a marketplace for government agencies to auction off surplus equipment. If you wish to bid on equipment, visit firstname.lastname@example.org.