Skip to main content


Surplus Property - Viewing by Internal Departments

Centrals Stores with the supervision of the Department of University Procurement is responsible for the disposal of all EKU owned equipment and furniture, which has been declared surplus. Departments are encouraged to view surplus items during the hours of operation. There is no cost for departments to claim surplus materials or equipment, but the item(s) must be used by the department and are not permitted to leave campus, be sold, or given to individuals for personal use.

If you are interested in viewing what property is currently in surplus, please contact Scott Beckler at 2-3517.


Online Auctions

Central Stores at Eastern Kentucky University has partnered with  GovDeals, a marketplace for government agencies to auction off surplus equipment. If you have any interest in bidding on this equipment please visit one of the following address:

EKU @ GovDeals.Com


Surplus Bulletin Board

The Surplus Bulletin Board was created to provide departments a mechanism for notifying the campus community of available surplus equipment, furniture or supplies. Departments may list all their surplus items on the bulletin board for a period of one month. Unless items are requested by another department within this time frame, the University Procurement office will begin the process of selling the surplus items on eBay or GovDeals. If an item is requested, contact the University Procurement Office at so the transfer can be finalized and the listing removed.

Access to the Bulletin Board is with your EKU login information at Surplus Bulletin Board.

Non-working and/or broken surplus equipment/furniture should not be listed on the Surplus Bulletin Board but entered into Footprints Surplus Inventory.

Furniture/Equipment Relocation and Surplus

The Footprints Surplus Inventory site allows any staff responsible for surplus (equipment, furniture, etc.) to enter that information themselves. Once you enter the information, it automatically flows to the Fixed Assets staff to determine if there are any capital items. Then it flows to University Procurement to be assigned to Facilities as a work order to have them pick it up or transferred to a different department. The Footprints Surplus Inventory System can be found at FootPrints InventoryIf you need access to the Footprints Surplus Inventory site you can contact the Office of University Procurement at 622-2246 or


Commonwealth of Kentucky and EKU Surplus Policies

Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 164A.575 (7), Surplus Authority

Approved Methods of Disposing Surplus Property

Questions regarding these processes can be directed to the Office of University Procurement at (859) 622-2246 or by emailing

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/