Request for Proposals (RFP) & Bids:
Request for Quote (RFQ):
Information for Vendors:
All entities, individual and/or business, must complete a Vendor Taxpayer Identification Number Request Form. By completing and submitting the form it will allow Eastern Kentucky University to issue payment to the vendor. Please use the link below for a copy of the Vendor Taxpayer Identification Number Request Form. For questions regarding this form please contact the Purchasing Office at (859) 622-2246.
- Vendor Taxpayer Identification Number Request Form
Sealed bids are processed when the estimated amount of purchase equals or exceeds $40,000.00 (state funds) and $25,000 (federal funds). In addition, the Division of Purchases advertises bid openings in a newspaper of general circulation in the state or this web page, to be designated by the Division of Purchases. The announcement of bids to be published on the website or in the newspaper shall contain the following information:
- The invitation number
- The name of the University
- General description of items to be purchased.
- Place from which the list of items, terms, and specifications can be obtained.
The notice is published not less than seven (7) days. Bid must be received in the Purchases & Stores office prior to the designated time and date. The Invitation For Bid must be signed in ink to be considered. Bids not conforming to this requirement are subject to rejection. Prices shall be submitted on a delivered prepaid basis F.O.B. destination shown in the shipping instructions of the invitation, unless otherwise stated in the invitation.
Bids and proposals shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope. The solicitation number, opening date, and the name and address of the offeror must appear on the face of the envelope.
The University enforces the following policies when seeking to purchase goods or services...
- Purchases less than $3,499 - one (1) quote.
- Purchases between $3,500 - $19,999 - two (2) quotes. Quotations can be accepted via telephone with appropriate attestation by authorized EKU personnel.
- Purchases between $20,000 - $39,999 - three (3) quotes. Quotations must be provided in writing from potential vendors.
- Purchases totaling $40,000 or more will require a formal bid or RFP process; bids will be used to select the lowest cost vendor, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) will be used when factors other than price are considered in selecting a vendor.
- When a department is unable to secure the required number of quotes, Purchase will post a public Request for Quotes.
Small Construction/Trade Services Project Quote Requirements:
Total Cost less than $9,999 - one (1) quote required. Quotations must be provided in writing from potential vendors.
Total Cost between $10,000 - $39,999 - (3) quotes are required. Quotes must be provided in writing from potential vendors.
Total Cost over $40,000 - contact the Purchasing Office.
Departments should send copies of quotes obtained to Purchasing. Whenever possible quotes should include the Banner requisition number. The Purchasing Officer will obtain additional quotes or process a bid/RFP when it is in the best interest of the University.