Department of University Procurement
The Department of University Procurement provides procurement of the best value goods and services through competitive pricing and timely efficient deliveries to the University Community in a professional manner while following strict adherence to Kentucky Laws.
News and Important Updates:
Important Dates -
- May 10, 2019 - Deadline for all on-line purchase requisitions for grants and contracts ending June 30, 2019.
- June 7, 2019 - Deadline for all non-grant on-line purchase requisitions and Central Stores requisitions.
- June 14, 2019 - Deadline for Grant and Contract Procurement Card Transactions.
- June 17, 2019 - Deadline for non-grant Procurement Card Transactions.
- July 8, 2019 - Deadline for allocating Procurement Card Transactions (must be allocated and approved in Access Online).
*** VENDOR FRAUD ALERT ***
Eastern Kentucky's Department of University Procurement wants to alert vendors to active email scams involing quotation requests and issue of purchase orders that impersonate originating from the University, but are actually fraudulent in nature. Please review our Vendor Fraud Notice to learn more and how to recongize fraudulent purchase order activity. The notice includes tips on what to do if you suspect you are the target of fraudulent transactions.
Eastern Kentucky University will be implementing new federal regulations, known as Uniform Guidance, and replacing OMB Circular A-110. The University has elected to utilize the grace period and delay this implementation until July 1, 2017. In the interim, the University’s existing policies and procedures and the OMB circulars will continue to apply. In the meantime the university shall modify and develop procurement procedures to become consistent with the Uniform Guidance. The Department of University Procurement will be phasing in Procurement procedures which will go into effect July 1, 2017. If you have any questions/concerns please contact Andrea Cashell at 859-622-4484 or email@example.com
Departments often engage the services of individuals who are not employees of the University, including independent contractors, guest lecturers, entertainers, suppliers, and others. It is important to correctly classify independent contractors and employees to ensure appropriate compensation method and tax obligation. Before proceeding with service, please contact the Department of University Procurement.