Purchases & Stores
The Division of Purchases & Stores provides procurement of the best value goods and services through competitive pricing and timely efficient deliveries to the University Community in a professional manner while following strict adherence to Kentucky Laws.
News and Important Updates:
*** VENDOR FRAUD ALERT ***
Eastern Kentucky's Division of Purchasing and Stores wants to alert vendors to active email scams involing quotation requests and issue of purchase orders that impersonate originating from the University, but are actually fraudulent in nature. Please review our Vendor Fraud Notice to learn more and how to recongize fraudulent purchase order activity. The notice includes tips on what to do if you suspect you are the target of fraudulent transactions.
Change in Procurement Guidelines
The Division of Purchases and Stores is pleased to announce that the University has selected US Bank as its new banking partner. The transition from our current banking partner, PNC, to US Bank is in process and will be fully implemented April 1, 2017. In conjunction with this change the University will be implementing new federal regulations, known as Uniform Guidance (UG)which will have an impact on our current procurement guidelines. If you have any questions/concerns please contact Andrea Cashell at 859-622-4484 or email@example.com
Changes will impact all purchases in the following ways per Uniform Guidance (UG):
- Individual transaction limits on University credit cards will be decreased to $3,499.
- The limit on direct pay requests will be increased to $3,499 (note some exceptions apply)
- Purchases that do not require a contract and total $3,500 will be handled through Banner purchase requisitions and are subject to a competitive process as follows:
- Purchases totaling between $3,500 and $19,999 will require two quotes from potential vendors; with appropriate attestation by authorized EKU personnel, these quotes may be obtained via telephone.
- Purchases totaling between $20,000 and $39,999 will require three quotes from potential vendors; these quotes must be submitted by vendors in writing.
- Purchases totaling $40,000 or more will require a formal bid or RFP process; bids will be used to select the lowest cost vendor, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) will be used when factors other than price are considered in selecting a vendor.
- When a department is unable to secure the required number of quotes, Purchasing will post a public Request for Quotes.
Eastern Kentucky University will be implementing new federal regulations, known as Uniform Guidance, and replacing OMB Circular A-110. The University has elected to utilize the grace period and delay this implementation until July 1, 2017. In the interim, the University’s existing policies and procedures and the OMB circulars will continue to apply. In the meantime the university shall modify and develop procurement procedures to become consistent with the Uniform Guidance. The Division of Purchases & Stores will be phasing in Procurement policies which will go into effect July 1, 2017. If you have any questions/concerns please contact Andrea Cashell at 859-622-4484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.